Tuesday 16 February 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The significance of Ramanama Japa – Paramarththa Thaththva

 


Chapter -45 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  - The significance of Ramanama Japa – Paramarththa Thaththva


Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Bhagavan, you are the knower of all, you are Paramathma Parambhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva, and you are the sole witness of the deeds of the Jeeva, hence why should I lie to you? Oh! Bhagavan, ‘I am yours,’ I am saying this with my words, deeds, and thoughts, I am not wicked, I am your sincere slave, I am firm in that, like the little grass on the water. Oh! Ram, I don’t have any confidence in Bhrama, Indhra, or other deities, or Manushya or Munishwara or I have no desire to worship them. You are selfless, unlike other deities who pay meager wages, even though I work hard like an elephant I may get the wage given to the dog. Oh! Bhagavan, none of the deities are as compassionate and kind as you to remove the grief and sufferings of the worldly existence. Oh! Dhivyadeva, ‘I am your slave’ If I am wrong, kindly burden me with the endless sufferings, like the Pakhandi declares himself as an excellent snake-charmer get bitten by the serpent. Oh! Bhagavan, if I am true to my words, thoughts and deeds, let me prove it true that ‘I am your sincere servant’ Oh! Nath, I have understood the Paramarththa Thaththva, the Prakrithi/Jeeva and material matters are destructible, attachment to those fleeting natured material welfare and people would cause intense grief and miseries. The supreme Purusha resides as the soul is indestructible, pure, endless, unblemished, free from afflictions, has neither birth nor death and it is absolute bliss. Therefore, I have no desire for the material matters and bondage, which hurls the Jeeva into constant miseries and repeated births. I am Tulasidas, Chathaka yearning to achieve the Megharoopi/rain clouds, Sri Ramachandra.”

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj continues “I am a slave of Lord Sri Ramachandra; the world addresses me ‘Rambola’. I wish I would be able to recite the Ramanama three or four times a day, because of that I am getting meal and clothing’s, it is the kindness of the Ramanama Japa.  The Veda and scriptures assert that it would do good in the Ihaloka and Paraloka as well. The Ramanama Japa is Kalyanakari in both ways, so it keeps me pleasant, free from redundant thoughts, body and I consciousness/Ahamkara and Mamakara, Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, and Mathshcharya. Previously I was shackled by the Jadaroopi Ahamkara and Mamakara, which constantly pushed me to hellish tortures, it is difficult to explain or think, I screamed out in extreme pain ‘Oh! Nath, Kosalesha, Oh! Dheenabandho, Oh! Dhayasindho, Oh! Arththathranaparayana, I am drowning in the ocean of sufferings,” soon after hearing my heart-wrenching cries, Lord Sri Ram who is too compassionate, could not bear the sufferings of the desolate Jeeva liberated me from the shackles of interest in worldly matters and bondage. The merciful Lord Ramachandra asked me “Who are you?”, I replied to him “Oh! Nath, I would like to become your sincere servant, I am helpless and destitute, I am falling at your lotus feet.” Immediately the supreme Lord who is Bhakthasukhakari, took me on the shoulder from his feet, affectionately patted on my back, and pacified me, from that moment onwards I have transformed into a sincere devotee who is adorned in Tulsimala on the neck, Urdhapundra on the forehead, prayers beads in the hands, constant utterance of Ramanama on the face, sincerely following Ahimsa, kindness, humility, etc. The people pass sarcastic comments looking at me wandering like a sincere slave of Lord Raghunatha, but I have no complaints or worry or ill feelings towards anyone, because I have no hatred or attachment to anyone, or I do not have one-sided nature to any religion or caste or sects or beliefs. It was the will of Lord Sri Ramachandra on Tulsi, and it was the most promising thing to Tulsi. Oh! Bhagavan, I have full faith in your compassion, hence I am living in supreme bliss/free from redundant thoughts.”

 

75) Khoto Kharo Ravaro Haim Ravari Sau Ravaresau Joot Kyo Kahenge Jano Sab Hi Ke Manki | Karama Bachana Hiye  Kahau Na Kapat Kiye  Yesi Hat Jaisi Ganti Pani Pare Sanaki ||Dhoosaro Bharoso Nahim Basana Upasanaki Basav Biranchi Sura Nara Muniganaki | Swarathke Sathi Mere Hathi  Svan Leva Dheyi Kahu Tho Na  Peera Raghubeer! Dheen  Janaki || Sap Sabha Sabar Labar Bhaye Deva Dhivya Dusaha  Samsathi Keejai Aagey Hi  Tha  Thanki| Sanche Parai Pavu Pan Panchame Pan Praman Tulasi Chathak Aas Rama Syamadhanaki ||

 

 

76)Ramako Gulam Nama Ramabola Rakhyai Rama Kama Yahai Nama Dhvai Hai Kabahu Kahath Ho | Roti Looga Neeke Rakhai Aagehuki Bedh Bhakhai Bhalo Haihai Thero  Thathe Anandh Lahath Ho || Badhyai Haim Karama Jata Garab Good Nigada Sunath Dhusaha Haim Thau Samsathi Sahath Ho | Arath Anath Nath Kausalapala Kripala Leenho Ccheen Dheen Dhekhyo Dhoorith Dhahath Ho ||Bunjjyo Jyo Hi Kahyo Mai Hum Chero Hyeho Ravaro Ju Mero Koau Kahu Nahim Charana Gahath Ho | Meejo Guru Peet Apanayi GahiBah Boli Sevaka Sukhadh Sadha  Biradh Bahath Ho || Log Kahai Poch So Na  Soch Na Sankoch Mere  Byaha Na  Barekhi Jathi Pathi Na Chahath Ho | Tulasi Akaj Kaj Ram Hi Ke  Reeche Kheeche Preethiki Pratheethi Man Mudhith Rahath Ho ||