Monday 22 February 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Sharanagathi

 





Chapter -59 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  - Sharanagathi


Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Nath, where did I go leaving your lotus feet? Who is addressed as ‘Pathitha Pavana’? who is too kind and compassionate to distressed people? Which deity did elevate the lowly clan Pakshiraj Jatayu, Vanara, bear, Valmiki who was a hunter in the previous life, Gauthama Pathni Devi Ahalya who was cursed to become rock, the Jata Vruksha Yamalarjjun and Yavana? Oh! Prabho, all the deities, Dhanavas, Manushya, Muni, Naga, are under the influence of your powerful Maya, hence they are firmly tightened by the noose of ignorance and illusion, hence, how did they protect others and unfasten the noose of Maya? Oh! Prabho, I am Tulsidas, if I have taken shelter in them, while they were hardly got rid of the noose of your Maya, how did I achieve liberation from the vicious cycles or rebirth? How did I get rid of impurities of Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, and Mathshcharya? How did I get relief from the sufferings of worldly existence? How did I get released from constant grief and miseries of attachment to material matters and people of impermanent nature? How did I get relieved from Ahamkara and Mamakara/body and I consciousness?”

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Hari, you were too kind to me, you have given me the rarest birth as a human which is difficult to achieve even for the deities. Oh! Bhagavan, you are the ocean of mercy, your favors, and kindness cannot be expressed in words, it is beyond words and knowledge, cannot be expressed with crores of tongues. Oh! Nath, still I have a request to you, you are magnanimous, kindly fulfill my desire, I am completely worn out of the Manroopi fish taking extreme pleasure in the Vishayavisharoopi water,  and my mind, intellect, Chithth, Ahamkara, Karama, and Gnanendhriyas are completely drenched in the worldly matters, attachment to material matters, richness, wealth, money, fame, family, children, wife, companions, and relatives, hence I am suffering from constant agonies and pain of separation of beloved people, due to my avaricious chase for material welfare and attachment to people, I am hurling myself into the vicious cycles of rebirths, and taking several births in the different yoni. Oh! Bhagavan, kindly restrain the Manroopi fish that shoaling in the Vishayavisharoopi worldly matters and bondage. Oh! Prabho, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me, let the Manroopi fish get wedge on your Charanaroopi fishing rode drenched in Bhakti so that I can get rid of Vishayaroopi water of interest in worldly matters, impurities of the mind, and repeated birth as well. Oh! Bhagavan, it may be an amusement for you, but the wretched Tulsi gets protected from the sufferings of the Samsara in your fun. Oh! Prabho, the Veda strongly recommend several means and austerities to get rid of interest in worldly matters and bondage, and numerous deities to shower their grace, I am a dull-minded Tulsi whom did I approach? Oh! Tulsidas, who fastened you with the rope of Samsara is capable to unfasten the same, therefore take the shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Ramachandra.”

 

101) Jau Kaham Thaji Charana Thumhare | Kako Nama Pathitha Pavana Jaga Kehi Athi Dheena Piyare || Kaun Deva Barayi Biradh Hith Hadi Hadi Adhama Adhare | Khaga Mriga Byadha Pashan Bitap Jata Javana Kavana Sura Thare || Deva Dhanuja Muni Naga Manuja Sab Maya Bibasa Bichare | Thinake Hath Dasa Tulasi Prabhu Kaha Apanapau Hare ||

 

102) Hari ! Thum Bahuth Anugraha Keenho | Sadhana Dhama Bibudha Dhurllabha Thanu Mohi Kripakari Dheenho || Kotihum Mukha Kahi Jath Na Prabhuke Yek Yek Upakar | Thadhapi Nath Kacchu Aur  Mangihai Dheejai Parama Udhara || Bishaya Bari  Mana Meena Bhinna Nahim Hoth Kabahu Pal Yek | Thathe  Sahai Bipathi Athi Dharuna Janamath Joni Anek || Kripadori Banasi Padha  Ankusa Parama Prema Mridhu Charo | Yehi Bidhi Bedhi Harahu Mero Dhukh Kauthuka Rama Thiharo || Hai Shruthi Bidhitha Upaya Sakala Sura Kehi Kehi Dheena Nihorai | Tulasidasa Yehi Jeev Moharaju Jehi Bandhyo Soyi Cchorai ||