Monday 15 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Ramanama Mahima to achieve the purity of mind

 



Chapter - 112 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  – Ramanama Mahima  to achieve the purity of mind

 

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, how long I shall suffer from the Mahamoha? How long I shall continue to get drenched in the worldly matters of Ahamkara, Mamakara, Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, taking great pleasure in the infinite Nama Roopa Dhrishya, excessive pleasure in Shabdha, Sparsha, Rasa, Roopa, and Gandha, leaving the Paramarththa Thaththva, and your compassionate grace? Oh! Kripalu, Oh! Raghunath, will I be fortunate to be in the association of Santhbhrindh, Mahathma, with your grace and follow disciplines, austerities, Shamadhamadhi/Sathyam/truthfulness, Dhaya/kindness, Shaucham/purity, Dhanam/charity, Astheyam/no stealing, Arjjavam/enthusiasm, Ahimsa/non-violence, Bhramacharya/celibacy, etc.? Oh! Prabho, so that I shall practice living a contented life with whatever I earn, I won’t show greediness or beg before any Devatha or Manushya. I shall always work for the welfare of others, I shall sincerely follow the austerities with the mind, words, and deeds. I shall practice not to get burned out of jealousy or anger listening to the unpleasant and unbearable words. I shall practice achieving serenity of mind, leaving Ahamkara and Mamakara. I won’t engage in praising or disrespecting others, I shall engage in the worship of you, recitation of your sacred names so that I won’t even get time to think of others, or get time to disrespect or respect others. Oh! Prabho, I shall practice getting rid of Dhvandhabhava/dualities, grief, and joy, respect and disrespect, happiness and sorrow, etc., and practice ignoring the fears and anxieties caused by the body/illness, aging, fear of death, etc. Oh! Prabho, will this Tulsi achieve Ananyabhakthi/devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Hari, after following the above-said simple austerities?”

 

172) Kabahuk Hau Yahi Rahani Rahaimgo | Sree Raghunath Kripalu Kripathe  Santhsubhav Gahaimgo || Jathalabha Santhosh Sadha Kahu Sau Kacchu Na  Chahaimgo | Parahith Nirath Niranthara Man Krama Bhachan Nema Nibahaimgo ||Parusha Bachan Athi Dusaha Shravana Suni Thehi Pavak Na Dhahaimgo | Bigath Man  Sama Seethal Man  Paraguna Nahim Dhosha Kahaimgo || Parihari  Dheha  Janith Chintha  Dhukha Sukha  Samabudhdhi Sahaimgo | Tulasidas Prabhu Yahi  Patha Rahi Abichal  Hari  Bhagathi Lahaimgo ||