Saturday 24 September 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The pitiable state of later years of age of human

 



Chapter – 170-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The pitiable state of later years of age of human

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Dheenanath/protector of distressed people, now it’s your turn to save me from the sufferings and grief of worldly existence, you have promised to your devotees to protect them from all the troubles, hence kindly keep up your promise alive. Oh! Prabho, I have wasted beautiful childhood days in various amusements, therefore I did not practice meditation or devotion at your lotus feet. Unfortunately, I have wasted my youthful days too, I have been chasing after worldly matters of physical and material pleasure, and in this way I have driven afar from you. Oh! Prabho, I have reached the later years of age, my limbs are not co-operating with the mind, I have become fragile, my movements are restricted, the senses are not working like before, I have become a burden for others and helpless, now I have understood the concept of Bhakthi/devotion, Gnana/wisdom, and Vairagya/renunciation, but it is too late for me to take up any austerities, vows, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Shaucham, Dhaya, Dhanam, Dhyanam, Bramacharya, Swadhyaya, etc. hence I am crying out for help. Oh! Prabho, my children, wife, companions, and relatives have abandoned me due to my aging, and illnesses. Oh! Prabho, even the skin started shrinking, I have become deaf, my feet are unsteady, eyes are overflowing with tears of grief and guilt, my hairs have gone grey and left me bald-headed, my throat is obstructed with the mucus, I cannot breathe at ease or speak, I am restless day and night, sadly my desires or illusion which are the source of grief is not leaving me. Oh! Prabho, there is no one who can save me from the grief and suffering of worldly existence, Oh! Karunasagara/ocean of mercy, you are the savior of distressed and desolate, kindly protect me.”


Dheenanath! Ab Bari Thumhari !  Pathitha Udhdharana Bigadha Jani Kai Bigari Lehu Sanchari || Balapan Khelath Hi Khouyau Juva Bishaya Rasa Mathem | Bridhdha  Bhaye Sudhi Pragati  Mokau Dhukhitha Pukarath Thathei || Suthani Thajjyau Thiya Thajjyau Bhratha Thajjyau Than Thei Thvacha Bhayi Nyari |Shravanan Na Sunath Charana Gathi Thaki Naina Bhaye Jaladhari || Palitha Kesa  Kapha Kanda Birudhdhyau Kal Na  Parathi Dhinarathi | Maya Moha  Na  Cchadau Thrina  The Dhoau Dhukhayathi || Ab Yaha Bitha Dhuri  Karibe Kau Aur Na Samarath Koyi  | Surdasa Prabhu Karuna Sagar  Thuma Thei Hoyi So Hoyi ||