Wednesday 7 December 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The human body is the vehicle to achieve the four Purusharththa/Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha/righteousness, wealth, desire and liberation from worldly existence

 





Chapter – 260-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The human body is the vehicle to achieve the four Purusharththa/Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha/righteousness, wealth, desire, and liberation from worldly existence

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Sri Hari, I am worn out of suffering and grief of worldly existence/Thapathraya, Alas! I am sinking in the bottomless ocean of worldly existence/Bhavasagara, due to my attachments to infinite worldly matters of sounds, touch, appearances, smell, and passions. The impurities of mind such as lust, ego, jealousy, desire, anger, Ahamkara, and Mamakara driving me afar even after witnessing the safest asylum that resembles your lotus feet, I am hurling down in the ocean waters of illusion, Oh! Prabho, my increased interest in worldly matters caused me to fail to contemplate and meditate upon your lotus feet, or observe Shamadhamadhi, Swadhyaya, celibacy, etc. even though I understand that your lotus feet are the ultimate object to cross the ocean of worldly existence. Oh! Prabho, I did not utilize the precious birth as a human wisely. The body is the vehicle to achieve the four Purusharththa/Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha, unfortunately, my body is stuck in the whirlwind of arrogance and ignorance, and this body/vehicle is fully loaded with the attachments to children, home, wife, companion, possession, richness, money, fame, and relatives. Oh! Vrajanayak, this vehicle is terribly trembling in the storm of ignorance, I have tried several tricks to get rid of the troubles, but none were fruitful, Oh! Prabho, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me,  so that witnessing the autumn moon like your marvelous face, I can get rid of the whirlwind of infinite worldly matters.”


Hari  Jani Pari Hari  Meri | Mayajala Boodath Hau Thaki That Charana Sarana Dhari Their || Bhavasagar Bohith Bapu Merau Lobha Pavana Dhisi Charau | Sutha Dhana Dhama Thriya Hith Aurau Ladhdhyau Bahuth Bidhi Bharau || Ab Bhrama Bhavar Parththyau Brajanayak Nikasan Ko Sab Bidhi Ki | Sur Saradh Sasi Badhan Dhikhaye Udai Lahar Jalanidhi Ki ||